Friday, February 6, 2009

A Day Off

Today is my day "off".....first one I've had in longer than I can remember. Hubby is out of town on business and Rupert the Wonder Dog in at the vet's for the day. I have the whole place to myself. I won't have to leave the laptop to make lunch or get a wet nose on my arm when someone has to pee (just to make that clear, hubby comes home for lunch and Rupert's the one with the wet nose...)

I love them both madly, beyond reason, and even though they have both been gone about fifteen minutes, I miss them already. But I need this day. My lump was removed on Wednesday and I have stitches that are healing...but much less pain than I was handling, thankfully.

My novel -- done but in desperate need of editing -- has been calling to me. And today I can give it all the attention it needs without having to feel even a second's worth of guilt. That's how I'm spending my day "off".....can't wait. Ta Ta!

1 comment:

garnett109 said...

enjoy your pain free day.