Thursday, January 14, 2010

Playlist For the Month

I know...3 posts in one day....a new record for me. But I'm making up for all the time I've lost dealing with this pain in my back. Anyway, we're transferring our LPs onto CDs and these are the LPs I am listening this month as I write....it's such a strange collection, I thought I'd share it:

These are the names of LPs, not individual songs:

American Beauty....................... Grateful Dead
Tumbleweed Connection..........Elton John
Ruby, Don't Take Your Love to Town....Waylon Jennings (he looks about 18 on the LP cover)
Born in the USA.........................Bruce Springsteen
Very Young and Early Songs...............Cat Stevens
Tunnel of Love..........................Bruce Springsteen
Delta Momma Blues................Townes VanZandt
Brothers in Arms....................Dire Straits
Buffalo Springfield Again.......Buffalo Springfield (someone listed as Steve Stills here)
Vanilla Fudge...........................Vanilla Fudge
It's My Way.............................Buffy Sainte-Marie
Stephen Stills..........................Stephen Stills...duh
Hums of the Lovin' Spoonful....Lovin' Spoonful
Redeye.......................................Redeye...............haven't a clue who they are...anyone????
High Tide and Green Grass....Rolling Stones
Bruised Orange.........................John Prine
Santa Ana Winds......................Steve Goodman
Poet in My Window..................Nancy Griffith
Hank Wilson's Back..................Hank Wilson (Leon Russell)
From Every Stage....................Joan Baez
Best of Ian and Sylvia..............Ian and Sylvia Tyson
Shine on Brightly......................Procol Harum
Ladies of the Canyon...............Joni Mitchell
Wear Your Love Like Heaven..Donovan
Stagefright................................The Band
Nantucket Sleighride...............Mountain
Freewheelin'..............................Dylan
Wednesday Morning 3AM......Simon and and and and his backup singer
Sweet Baby James...................James Taylor
The Pilgrim..............................Larry Gatlin (where did THAT come from?)
Maid of Constant Sorrow......Judy Collins

P.S. Hubby and I have discovered that we probably own between us every LP, cassette and CD Neil Diamond ever made and neither of us has yet to hum "Sweet Caroline" while showering.

No comments: