Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Two Muses Comparing Notes?


One of these gulls might be the muse who greets my friend at the beach on Assateague Island some mornings when she goes there to write.
We're visiting her in a few days. Maybe the other bird is my muse and they are comparing notes on how difficult it is to keep two temperamental poets friends sane over long, hard winters.
I'm looking forward to a week near the ocean on the island of Chincoteague where life slows a bit and we won't have to do much but walk Rupert and decide when to head for the beach. I'm looking forward to going over a manuscript of my friend's poetry I've put together for her....she's written well this winter. And I can't wait to eat a crab cake and sink my feet into wet sand, to feel the sun on my face and to hear the roar of the surf. Maybe I'll write a poem or two.
We're more than ready for this vacation. See you in a couple of weeks.

1 comment:

garnett109 said...

enjoy your vacation