Saturday, December 13, 2008

Rupert's Christmas Card


Christmas cards are probably the only holiday custom I do not rant and rave about. I've even been known to mail one or two myself, although I can't find the energy this year. This tradition of connecting with friends and family from a far suits my desire to keep alive the joy of receiving handwritten messages in a card pulled from an envelope taken from a mailbox you actually have to get up and go outside to open up.

We received a Christmas card from Rupert again this year! His handwriting looks suspiciously similar to my mother-in-law's. I loved the verse in this year's card:

Joyous Christmas wishes from
the canine member of the family
who sits, rolls over, fetches
and in the spirit of the season....

pees on earth.

2 comments:

garnett109 said...

That was a beautiful Christmas Card from Rupert

Denise said...

Good dog Rupert!