Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Politics and a Movie

We almost always begin our writing group meetings with talk about politics. Often it's related to neighborhood issues, gay rights and what those blasted Republicans have done now.

I find solace being in a room full of people who think as I do. I can't understand why anyone in their right mind would support McCain. It's even more difficult for me to comprehend why this country has not impeached Bush/Cheney.....oh, but then I doubt that anyone has ever lusted after either one of them or given them a blow job in the White House.

There's a delightfully understated movie that is my new favorite movie: The Visitor. It made me sob, it made me angry, it made me wonder what politicians are thinking. Richard Jenkins made me remember my father and the seemingly calm manner in which he handled matters. Please watch it.

I am not from exotic stock. My grandfathers were both born in Great Britain, coming to America to begin new lives a few years before the stock market first crashed in 1929. Still, I am a second generation American, my family coming here for a better life. Isn't that the principal that our founding fathers and mothers held dear? What's happened to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness?

Please vote. Consider NOT voting for McCain. And rent "The Visitor". I dare you not to be outraged.

4 comments:

garnett109 said...

It is time to change government, get rid of all these business men old millionaires,half of which only function in their depends!
you need to put a follow me button on your blog so people can follow your blog.

Sunny said...

added that button...thanks for the tip

and don't forget to vote for change

Anonymous said...

I am reading this article second time today, you have to be more careful with content leakers. If I will fount it again I will send you a link

Anonymous said...

Do you have copy writer for so good articles? If so please give me contacts, because this really rocks! :)